Site overhaul in pr...

Site overhaul in progress...  

RSS
Jonny
(@jonny)
Member Admin

The plan is to make the site more user friendly and more "social" hopefully this will get the chat back on the forum.

I plan to move the whole site over to WordPress so everything should be clean and organised. The hardest part is going to be moving all the posts and users over from phpbb to bbpress although I've been told it's doable.

If you've got any ideas for the site I'd love to hear them.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Posted : 12/12/2016 6:56 pm
Photocal
(@photocal)
Reputable Member

Sounds a great idea, I have some wordpress experience and find it to be a really good CMS, plus you can easily change the theme in future really simply 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/12/2016 10:10 am
tam
 tam
(@tam)
Reputable Member

Good luck, looking forward to it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/12/2016 1:28 pm
The Silver Surfer
(@the-silver-surfer)
Reputable Member

Hope it works out Jonny. Not much traffic on the site nowadays.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/12/2016 1:21 am
Jonny
(@jonny)
Member Admin

The new site is coming along nicely so far. I've added a couple of really cool features that totally transform the site and it's all going to be mobile friendly as well.

If you've got any ideas or suggestions I'd love to hear them.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2017 8:28 pm
Fadgadget
(@fadgadget)
Famed Member

Good stuff. Hopefully it will be a success.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/02/2017 5:44 pm
old coyote pedaller
(@old-coyote-pedaller)
Estimable Member

Well, it's back but........the posts are at least 2 months old, none of most recent are there, at least that I can see. Hope you can resurrect these posts somehow.

Once I reset my password, it's now twice as long as before, I can now logon but when I looked at other parts of site it keeps telling me I need to be logged on then when I check, it says I'm already logged on and to refresh page but that doesn't alter anything.

Other people like me have probably tried many times over last 2/3 or more weeks? to logon but all we got was the site maintenance page, some might have given up or won't bother to come back until they know site is up and running. Maybe emailing all registered users to let them know might be a good idea.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2017 2:10 am
TrailScotland
(@trailscotland)
Member Admin

Hi Old Coyote

Unfortunately some of the most recent posts were lost as the forum was transferred over a period of a few months some time ago. There wasn't really much I could do to avoid this. The process of moving a forum over that consists of over 100k posts and nearly 3 thousand registered users was unfortunately not as straightforward as I'd hoped and the costs for a self funded website have to be taken into consideration.

Passwords could not be transferred over from the old site due to encryption. However, if you are not happy with your password, this can be changed at any time by going to my account then settings.

I've noticed the logging out bug and am working to fix it right now, it may be something to do with an incompatible caching plugin. Try clearing your browser cache as well as that might have something to do with your issue and may help.

I've been working on the site for some time now and although a work in progress, once I have confidence that there are no more major issues, emails will be sent out to all registered users to let them know that the new site is now live. At this time your feedback is important to ensure the site is up to it's best for all users and I appreciate your feedback.

As with every new website there's always going to be some niggles but I am doing my upmost to fix them as soon as possible. If you have anymore issues, please let me know.

There has been a lot of time and work put into the site and personally I am very happy with the progress, I hope you agree that the updated version is looking great.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/05/2017 1:39 pm
old coyote pedaller
(@old-coyote-pedaller)
Estimable Member

I don't find that site is any faster still takes longer to open the site or threads than the other sites I use.

I've also experienced this afternoon posting a reply to the Benarty thread that on clicking Submit the reply vanished, wrote another, it too vanished, neither appeared as reply on thread. Refreshed, nowt. In frustration posted again about what had happened it too vanished. The post count for thread said at end of page 4 that it was showing 46 to 47 of 47 posts. There should have been 50. Looked on my profile at my posts, the 3 vanished ones are/were showing there. Logged out then back in, the 3 missing posts now showing on thread, WTF. Went back into my profile as it seems like I can delete posts there. Deleted or so I thought the 2nd and 3rd posts. They are still showing on thread. Logged out and back in, deleted posts still there.

And another thing, logging in. Whenever I log in it never remembers my password although I've ticked the box for it to do so, always comes up with old shorter password and remember details box unticked again. This has happened several times over last week or so.

I know I'm just a crabbit auld git but the old site was way better. There needs to be a preview before submit for posts, smilies would be good too, unless I'm missing both these features.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/06/2017 5:53 pm
TrailScotland
(@trailscotland)
Member Admin

Hi, the problem with the posts disappearing has been addressed and shouldn't happen anymore. The issue you are having with your password is likely caused by your browser and not the website. I'm looking into the smilies and the preview button at the moment. The site is a work in progress at the moment so please don't expect it to be perfect.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2017 5:04 pm
Share:

CONTACT US

We've gone riding, but you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

Mountain biking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk

©TrailScotland - 2018

You’ll be automatically logged in 5 seconds.

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Close
of

Processing files…

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Working

Please Login or Register