Plans for Trailscot...

Plans for Trailscotland??  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
TrailScotland
(@trailscotland)
Member Admin
Posted by: JohnMcL7

The login process seems a bit clumsy as I clicked to login from this topic which gave me a login dialogue, followed by a capcha, followed by another login box and then instead of taking me back to the forums where I was, it kicked me back to the main home page.  It's minor though and wouldn't affect my use of the forum but just mentioning it when others have been referencing login issues.

I did used to visit the forum as part of my daily routine but as it got progressively quieter I stopped doing that and unfortunately it's a downward spiral from there.  Even very big forums are a lot quieter than they used to be but just managed to maintain the critical mass to keep enough people coming back daily.  I don't think there's any real solution to it and I am sorry to see the place quiet as I don't see Facebook as a replacement for forums (although I do accept that is the case for many people these days) and it was good to have a Scottish specific bike place.

Sorry you are having problems with the login, I'm finding it very difficult to fix this properly as I don't seem to get any of these problems when I log in.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2018 11:53 am
Fadgadget
(@fadgadget)
Famed Member

Still. Plagued by login and Capcha problems. I tried to upload photos for a blog and it just directs me to previous photos or blogs. Don't even get notifications now too. The site seems to be all over the place and overly fussy to use if I'm honest, especially when using Android.  The old Tapatalk system was far superior to use and fathom out. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by Fadgadget
ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2018 5:45 pm
TrailScotland
(@trailscotland)
Member Admin

Unfortunately Tapatalk doesn't work with Wordpress that's why it's not on there anymore. I think the new style forum is a big improvement on what it was before and seems to operate fine on mobile, the site could do with being faster and these captacha problems are doing my nut in but stick with it I'll get everything running properly. What notifications were you used to getting?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2018 7:35 pm
Fadgadget
(@fadgadget)
Famed Member

Notifications of any replies to threads I created

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2018 9:14 pm
TrailScotland
(@trailscotland)
Member Admin

Should be a way of turning that on. I think I might have turned that off because so many people were getting emails when I transferred the forum over. I'll look into it and let you know.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/08/2018 9:20 pm
TrailScotland
(@trailscotland)
Member Admin

The site is now with a much better host so is a lot faster and very smooth. Hopefully this will encourage more people to make use of the site and upload their mtb content etc. If you run into any issues please let me know about them. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2018 1:24 am
Camy liked
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Mountain biking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk

©TrailScotland - 2019

CONTACT US

We've gone riding, but you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

You’ll be automatically logged in 5 seconds.

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Close
of

Processing files…

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Working

Please Login or Register