Plans for Trailscotland??  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS
Fadgadget
(@fadgadget)
Famed Member

I can't help noticing how quiet this site has become and just wondering if the final nail has been hammered into the coffin. I was talking to a few Trailscotland members up at Dunkeld and they said that they hated the new website and gave up on it due to it not being user friendly and having to fill in Catchpa's etc.</p>
I personally think there are other reasons as well but I won't go into that.

Such a shame as this was a great website a few years ago, anyhoo it's lost its appeal for me and quite a few others it seems, so whatever you get up to Jonny... I wish you well in the future and hopefully see some of you guys out on the trails sometime.

Toodle pip.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/11/2017 6:36 pm
The Silver Surfer
(@the-silver-surfer)
Reputable Member

Agreed, don't know why it started to be so quiet, and the new website hasn't made any difference. When I do visit there's nothing going on.

Not a pop at you Jonny, you've done your best.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/11/2017 5:29 pm
MTBLeague
(@mtbleague)
Estimable Member

Hopeing things pick up soon, would not want to lose this, I hope everyone agrees.

Heres a photo of Santa to keep you happy 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/12/2017 11:25 am
TrailScotland
(@trailscotland)
Member Admin

Hi Folks, not been very active on the site for a while due to other commitments so I apologise for not replying to this thread sooner.

It's sad to see the site so dead as it's been a great resource for many people for the last 5 years or so. Obviously I would love to get some activity back on the site but I'm not entirely sure how it can be done. If you have any ideas I would love to hear them.

Thanks for your input over the years Fadgadged, people will miss your awesome trail reports and photos. Hopefully you'll not be gone for long 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/01/2018 2:44 pm
Fadgadget
(@fadgadget)
Famed Member

Hi Jonny. Occasionally have a peek on here to see if it's getting any better but sadly I don't see any improvement so far. I'm really sorry it's going this way and I wish i or somebody else had a brainwave to get it back to what it was but personally (Only my opinion mind) I now think the website is mostly to blame... It's just not as user friendly or intuitive as it once was. Maybe you could concentrate on this to see if it could be revived. I would like to hear other people's opinions on this and any other possible causes of the decline. I'm sure some folks don't like the same people doing trail reports, blogs, and videos seeing it as possible attention seeking maybe and there is rarely anything that's not been covered before IMO. Too many biking groups around now which people are flocking to join. Hell knows how the Singletrack forum is so popular... I hate it. Anyhoo I wish you luck in getting TS back where it belongs.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/01/2018 6:44 pm
davyg
(@davyg)
Reputable Member

I have just found my way back from being away for eons...LOL...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2018 6:29 pm
Geebs
(@geebs)
Reputable Member

Yep, me too. Lost the will to live when the website was 'upgraded', loads of problems and eventually just gave up. Agree with a lot of what Ray posted above, used to be on here all the time whilst on the nightshift. Great ideas for rides, and picked up a lot of good deals also. Jonny is right too, your write ups and pic's were always very encouraging Ray. This was my only delve into MTB forums as well, so has been sadly missed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/02/2018 9:52 pm
PaRaDoX
(@paradox)
Estimable Member

And me

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/06/2018 8:57 pm
paul
 paul
(@paul)
Reputable Member

still dead i see, such a shame, i had some great info on fixing a few things on my bikes from a few of you guys,  would have broken my heart to pay a mechanic to fix it lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2018 8:35 pm
TrailScotland
(@trailscotland)
Member Admin

It would be great to get the forum active again although i'm not sure if it's possible as most people seem to be happy using Facebook. If you've got any ideas that will get people back I'd love to hear them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2018 2:33 pm
The Silver Surfer
(@the-silver-surfer)
Reputable Member

It would be Jonny, I've not got facebook or anything like that so not sure what advantages it has over a bike forum. Bikeradar, Pink Bike etc. are still going strong. Hopefully you can get some of the old posters back to start some topics. Would it be possible to send out an email to all registered users?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2018 6:20 pm
paul
 paul
(@paul)
Reputable Member

Im the same, iv not got facebook or any of that other stuff.

cant see there being anything that can be done to bring the old member back?

i certainly hope them all stopping posting didnt have anything to do with a few back and forth words i had with one of the other members about dogs a while back?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2018 6:59 pm
TrailScotland
(@trailscotland)
Member Admin

As you can see I've made quite a few changes to the site over the last week so hopefully that will encourage more traffic.  The forum is now a million times better than it was and works/looks a lot like it used to, I've fixed the recaptcha login problems that a lot of people were having problems with, it's much easier to upload blog posts etc now, better website security has been installed which should stop spam and protect data and the site seems to be faster and more responsive.

I will be sending out some emails once I'm 100% sure everything is working as it should be.

I plan on setting up some monthly competitions to encourage users to upload their content so keep an eye out for that ? 

This post was modified 10 months ago by TrailScotland
ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2018 11:59 pm
Mtb mad man
(@mtb-mad-man)
Eminent Member
Posted by: TrailScotland

As you can see I've made quite a few changes to the site over the last week so hopefully that will encourage more traffic.  The forum is now a million times better than it was and works/looks a lot like it used to, I've fixed the recaptcha login problems that a lot of people were having problems with, it's much easier to upload blog posts etc now, better website security has been installed which should stop spam and protect data and the site seems to be faster and more responsive.

I will be sending out some emails once I'm 100% sure everything is working as it should be.

I plan on setting up some monthly competitions to encourage users to upload their content so keep an eye out for that ? 

Hugh improvement for me ?. I like the fact that you can now edit and delete your own posts and the recent posts option is a good idea!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/07/2018 1:57 pm
JohnMcL7
(@johnmcl7)
Estimable Member

The login process seems a bit clumsy as I clicked to login from this topic which gave me a login dialogue, followed by a capcha, followed by another login box and then instead of taking me back to the forums where I was, it kicked me back to the main home page.  It's minor though and wouldn't affect my use of the forum but just mentioning it when others have been referencing login issues.

I did used to visit the forum as part of my daily routine but as it got progressively quieter I stopped doing that and unfortunately it's a downward spiral from there.  Even very big forums are a lot quieter than they used to be but just managed to maintain the critical mass to keep enough people coming back daily.  I don't think there's any real solution to it and I am sorry to see the place quiet as I don't see Facebook as a replacement for forums (although I do accept that is the case for many people these days) and it was good to have a Scottish specific bike place.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2018 1:23 am
Page 1 / 2 Next
Share:

CONTACT US

We've gone riding, but you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

Mountain biking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk

©TrailScotland - 2018

You’ll be automatically logged in 5 seconds.

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Close
of

Processing files…

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Working

Please Login or Register