[Sticky] Health, Nutrition, organs?  

Page 1 / 8
  RSS
Mud-plugger
(@mud-plugger)
Noble Member

Hi guys,

i had posted this viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1602&p=16779#p16779

just posting here to see if it gets more atention, i know it might not be everyones cup of tea but im sure we all like to be healthy and enjoy life, would there be much interest from you?

cheers
scott

Posted : 14/11/2011 12:16 pm
CharlieBook
(@charliebook)
Famed Member

i def think this could be useful for some folk on here :thumbup: I am currently trying to eat healthily and lose weight, but keeping the balance of eating enough to have the energy for training.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2011 12:21 pm
Climbingcragrat
(@climbingcragrat)
Famed Member

Anything posted to be more healthy must be a positive.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2011 12:25 pm
Mud-plugger
(@mud-plugger)
Noble Member

yeah thats what i was thinking, i know we cant all be saints, some of us like our luxuries, but it is good to know what your body needs, if you know that you can look after your self better, im a sucker for a fry up, well ,was

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2011 9:50 pm
Buzz1024
(@buzz1024)
Estimable Member

aye - another one trying to eat heathier so good thread - my problems are too much coffee, red wine and fags - trying to give up the fags but no way am i giving up the coffee and wine!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2011 12:40 am
Amr1702
(@amr1702)
Noble Member

All for healthier eating but Im not having any of you tell me chocolate, biscuits, puddings, cakes or desserts are not good for my 17 stone figure πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2011 12:46 pm
CharlieBook
(@charliebook)
Famed Member

@Amr1702 wrote:

All for healthier eating but Im not having any of you tell me chocolate, biscuits, puddings, cakes or desserts are not good for my 17 stone figure πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

i thought cake was THE LAW in the MTB world?! 😯 πŸ˜€

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2011 12:52 pm
Amr1702
(@amr1702)
Noble Member

@CharlieBook wrote:

@Amr1702 wrote:

i thought cake was THE LAW in the MTB world?! 😯 πŸ˜€

either way Im happy to uphold the law or smash it to smithereens πŸ˜€

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2011 1:03 pm
Mud-plugger
(@mud-plugger)
Noble Member

@Amr1702 wrote:

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† i could go a bit of cake, eating raw fruit and veg just now, apparently my liver is stressed (the reason i couldnt shake the colds and virus ive been getting) so ive got to detox from bad foods, presciption painkillers and no alchohol, thats not a problem though, i hardly drink.......mmm im just off to eat raw brussles, brocoli and betroot πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2011 2:04 pm
Jonny
(@jonny)
Member Admin

I know a guy who is studying at uni to become a dietitian/ nutritionist, he might be able to give you guys some info etc. Would anyone be interested in that?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2011 3:01 pm
Amr1702
(@amr1702)
Noble Member

@Jonny wrote:

I know a guy who is studying at uni to become a dietitian/ nutritionist, he might be able to give you guys some info etc. Would anyone be interested in that?

As long as he says cake πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Def interested. I used to have a whole load of info from the English fa all about the best hydrating and recovery foods/drinks and I remember being surprised at what was actually quite poor. I think mrs r had a clearout tho

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2011 5:03 pm
Finbob21
(@finbob21)

Hey guys. I am the guy Jonny was talking about. :wave: I am here to help you all out!

Wee but about me:

Studying Human Biology at Queen Margaret University in Musselburgh. Most, if not all, of the course is all about physiology and nutrition. Both of these subjects are important and go hand in hand for a healthy living. I am a Rugby player so I have a good knowledge on discipline eating and training.

Any questions, I am more than happy to help out!

Finlay

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2011 8:34 pm
michael1275
(@michael1275)
Honorable Member

I also stuff my face after a knackering ride but nothing healthy, usually feel the need for something filling. I'd like an alternative to wasting the hard work I've just put in.

Straight after a ride and the next day info or advice.

I also find myself running out of gas on some rides what sort of foods are good to eat before a ride. Heres a wee example. Breakfast 2 cheese an pickle sarnys, bag of chrisps, twix, lunch 2 cheese an pickle sarnys, double decker, I only drink water no fizzy. Now a ride straight after work for 2 hours.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2011 9:07 pm
Trauty
(@trauty)
Noble Member

instead of cakes , get few apples , peaches, bananas in your camelback etc. its natural , its quickly digested and its tastier ( joke for most?? πŸ˜† )!
i always feel that i get energy from apple quicker than from some chocolate bar.
avoid food that contains SATURATED fats! that takes ages to digest and is not healthy at all...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2011 9:21 pm
Amr1702
(@amr1702)
Noble Member

@DrookitMunter wrote:

I find it really hard to gain weight (not that I'm trying!)

Dinnae worry drookit wait till ye hit 40, it will pile on πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/11/2011 10:38 pm
Page 1 / 8
Share:

Mountain biking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk

Β©TrailScotland - 2020

CONTACT US

We've gone riding, but you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

You’ll be automatically logged in 5 seconds.

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Close
of

Processing files…

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Please Login or Register