Braemar ride

Braemar ride  

RSS
chriscraig47
(@chriscraig47)

captainmainwaring, i read one of your replys about a route round braemar area, could you tell me roughly how long you think it would take to ride this route given that i'm a mtb racer so wont be a problem getting round it just trying to organise a days ride about 5-7hrs for myself and 3 mates was also thinking of including carn liath also, thanks

I don't know too many low level routes around there but one suggestion is to park at Keiloch by the Inverfaild bridge. Take the track past Invercaild House and Altdourie to Linn of Quoich and then to Mar Lodge. Either take the track that cuts up the hill from opposite Mar Lodge or go on to the Glen Derry track, head towards Derry Lodge and then head off right over the Clais Fhearnaig path. Both end up in Glen Quoich. Turn North, go over the ford and turn East along the north side of Quoich Water. Although not shown on the map, the path goes all the way along to meet the path coming down from Beinn a Bhuird. Cross the ford and head back down Glean an t-Slugain. As you head into the Glen keep right to go past the old ruin rather than taking the new Landrover track

You could also check out Carn Liath, south after Inverey follow the land rover track up to near enough the summit and then a pretty good descent all the way back to Inverey.

Posted : 04/06/2021 9:36 am
Share:

Mountain biking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk

©TrailScotland - 2020

CONTACT US

We've gone riding, but you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

You’ll be automatically logged in 5 seconds.

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Close
of

Processing files…

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Please Login or Register