work/life/bike bala...

work/life/bike balance  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Tanuki Trail
(@tanuki-trail)
Estimable Member

I wish I was a millionaire then I could ride my bike all the time lol

I know I need to work to earn money for all the thing's you need, the weekend comes around and I like to spend at least 1 day with the family, the other is always for MTB but it means that all the jobs that need doing don't get done, wish I could just pay somebody to these jobs lol

SO today had to bite the bullet and catch up on all the odd jobs, but my head all day was on my bike lol

Try and get out mid week to satisfy the need

Posted : 30/08/2015 9:26 pm
The Silver Surfer
(@the-silver-surfer)
Reputable Member

Agree, its even worse when the nights close in. At least in the summer you can get a few hours in the evening,

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2015 10:35 pm
alexchung
(@alexchung)
Prominent Member

Yea tell me about it.....this week was all about visiting friends (it was good to see people), chores (had to be done) and doing boring things.
Can't even ride during the week to make up for it either.
Alex

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/08/2015 11:01 pm
AndyP
(@andyp)
Reputable Member

I'm just back from a week in the alps - house is a mess.
If you remove life from the equation, the work/bike balance becomes somewhat easier 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2015 2:12 pm
marccr0wley
(@marccr0wley)
Noble Member

I cycle to/from work to keep me sane.

Invest in a good light and ride all year round, better than sitting infront of the telly!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2015 5:09 pm
nobeerinthefridge
(@nobeerinthefridge)
Noble Member

Do stuff as soon as you get in from work, if yes it down in front of the brain drain, then there's a good chance that's where you'll be all night.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2015 7:01 pm
dmck6
(@dmck6)
Estimable Member

The past few months have been torture here.

Between working full time, overtime, and entirely renovating (nearly) singlehandedly, bike life has been next to non-existent :'(

*almost finished, almost finished...*

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2015 7:35 pm
Trauty
(@trauty)
Noble Member

over summer months it is midweek ride - lucky enough to have Golfie style hill close enough , every single weekend out biking except maybe 2 since march.. Need to get some lights soon

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2015 9:22 pm
Julz
 Julz
(@julz)
Noble Member

Ah you should all stop moaning!! 😆 😆 At the minute I get out about once every 4 weeks as I have to throw the husbands work in to the mix and he's on call once a fortnight at the moment never mind the overtime! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Trauty, where is this Golfie style hill you speak of?? :winker:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2015 12:36 pm
dezzy
(@dezzy)
Noble Member

This is one of the reasons I don't want kids. Don't care if this sounds selfish but life is busy enough with friends family, work and bike without throwing in having to look after another small human being!

I cycle to work most days too and manage to use that for training, leaving me more time in the evenings. You can tell when we've had several busy weekends racing/riding in a row as the house starts to get a bit messy! I've got a list of DIY chores I never get round to but my view is that you are only here once so chores can wait! Same goes for work! I enjoy my job and I take it seriously but I would never let it come before biking or anything else in life. At the end of the day, it's just a way to pay for bikes and all the other fun things in life!

My biggest problem is making sure my training and racing doesn't stop me seeing my friends as it often takes me away several weekends in a row and I miss out on social stuff. But I usually make up for that in the winter and also try to arrange to see friends during the week. I'm also lucky that my wife mountain bikes too so we can enjoy it together instead of it being something that stops us spending time together. She's even started racing now too!

My motto in life has always been "Do something you love every single day as you might not be here tomorrow!"... So I try not to ever let a day just be work, chores and then bed!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2015 12:48 pm
Hugo_Martin
(@hugo_martin)
Eminent Member

Couldn't agree more. I don't want kids either, I have too much to do for myself.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2015 1:40 pm
POAH
 POAH
(@poah)
Reputable Member

kids dont stop me going out on the bike, the wife does 😆

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2015 6:17 pm
marccr0wley
(@marccr0wley)
Noble Member

Julz, give me a shout when you get a chance to head down to the Tweed Valley and I'll give you a tour of some of the Golfie trails before hitting Peebles No1 Cafe.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2015 8:21 pm
Tanuki Trail
(@tanuki-trail)
Estimable Member

Yeh, cycle to work too, get's the training done but my head's always in MTBing, what an obsession eh

Kinda fortunate that my Son's starting to get stronger on the bike so the balance one day might level out..lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2015 9:03 pm
Julz
 Julz
(@julz)
Noble Member

@marccr0wley wrote:

Julz, give me a shout when you get a chance to head down to the Tweed Valley and I'll give you a tour of some of the Golfie trails before hitting Peebles No1 Cafe.

Cheers Marc! :thumbup: Can't see it being anytime soon sadly, rode some of Golfie with Dawn a few months back, that's why I was intrigued as to what Trauty had found up this way that was similar! :winker:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2015 12:35 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share:

CONTACT US

We've gone riding, but you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

Mountain biking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk

©TrailScotland - 2018

You’ll be automatically logged in 5 seconds.

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Close
of

Processing files…

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Working

Please Login or Register