what new shock ?
 

what new shock ?  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS
Gordy
(@gordy)
Noble Member

I love my float x, just feels like it's floating over stuff and never being pushed hard! Way better than the rp3 and rp23 I've had before!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2015 8:29 pm
Muz
 Muz
(@muz)
Noble Member

I love my debonair....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2015 8:51 pm
Trauty
(@trauty)
Noble Member

haha. just funny day.
conclusion : all shocks are good when tuned properly for a bike frame. Looking forward testing my Debonair.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/07/2015 11:42 pm
inchhighj
(@inchhighj)
Reputable Member

I'm waiting on my X2 coming for the Covert Dan yumyumyum! Just fancy an upgrade and change from the CCdb coil ive been running. Had swayed and swithered whether or not to go with the Evol and on the fly tuning for Enduros innit...but then had a mad moment and thought bugger it its all about the hucking fun of it 😀 should have it in 2 weeks so will report back on what you missed out on hahaha! oh and got a belter of a deal on it too 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/07/2015 10:55 pm
Captain Mainwaring
(@captain-mainwaring)
Noble Member

Stop pussyfooting around and just go for the best. Almost worth it just for the way it looks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2015 8:09 am
POAH
 POAH
(@poah)
Reputable Member

I wouldn't mind one of those but not for £899

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/07/2015 9:20 pm
Trauty
(@trauty)
Noble Member

@inchhighj wrote:

I'm waiting on my X2 coming for the Covert Dan yumyumyum! Just fancy an upgrade and change from the CCdb coil ive been running. Had swayed and swithered whether or not to go with the Evol and on the fly tuning for Enduros innit...but then had a mad moment and thought bugger it its all about the hucking fun of it 😀 should have it in 2 weeks so will report back on what you missed out on hahaha! oh and got a belter of a deal on it too 😉

interesting. one would though that ccdb COIL is hard to beat. I doubt you will notice significantly better performance from x2 if at all , but you should save some weight. Placebo effect might prove you right/wrong depending on your view on it ;D is it coil version of X2 with that fancy super low weight orange coil ? I must admit that shock is looking really sweet. Mr. Gwin is flying on it. 😀
I find it strange that x and x2 cost almost same.Pricewise X2 should compete with ccdb/Vivid and X with Monarch plus rc3 debonair IMHO..

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/07/2015 10:50 am
inchhighj
(@inchhighj)
Reputable Member

Just the air X2, that was the idea to lose the spring whereas from reports of other shocks performance I havent been confident enough to do that, that is until this badboy came out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/07/2015 2:54 pm
POAH
 POAH
(@poah)
Reputable Member

@inchhighj wrote:

Just the air X2, that was the idea to lose the spring whereas from reports of other shocks performance I havent been confident enough to do that, that is until this badboy came out.

that makes no sense, the CC DB air has been out for years

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2015 7:24 pm
Trauty
(@trauty)
Noble Member

@POAH wrote:

@inchhighj wrote:

Just the air X2, that was the idea to lose the spring whereas from reports of other shocks performance I havent been confident enough to do that, that is until this badboy came out.

that makes no sense, the CC DB air has been out for years

my thoughts also. Rockshox Vivid is certainly equally good I am sure.
is x2 air about 100g lighter compared to ccdb air ? are you runing a titanium coil on your current shock ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/07/2015 7:59 pm
POAH
 POAH
(@poah)
Reputable Member

not sure its quite 100g but its lighter. doesn't have the CS either if you happen to do more than uplift on your bike

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2015 11:16 pm
inchhighj
(@inchhighj)
Reputable Member

Yes I'm running a Ti spring,
Okay maybe worded wrongly and im certainly not anything special on a bike, but can you tell me who has been running an air shock on their DH bike for years on the WC circuit? I also couldn't get the CCDB air for anywhere near the price I got the X2 for

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2015 11:53 pm
POAH
 POAH
(@poah)
Reputable Member

@inchhighj wrote:

Yes I'm running a Ti spring,
Okay maybe worded wrongly and im certainly not anything special on a bike, but can you tell me who has been running an air shock on their DH bike for years on the WC circuit? I also couldn't get the CCDB air for anywhere near the price I got the X2 for

ccdb air CS is £499 from TFtuned but you also get mount hardware with it, the float X2 is the same price.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/07/2015 9:04 pm
Trauty
(@trauty)
Noble Member

So thats it. I just ordered DB Air CS from freeborn for 450. expectations are very high so it better be worth it.
now just need to cancel the order for monarch as in the end price difference is just 90

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2015 6:37 pm
POAH
 POAH
(@poah)
Reputable Member

do freeborn supply the hardware?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/07/2015 8:59 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share:

CONTACT US

We've gone riding, but you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

Mountain biking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk

©TrailScotland - 2018

Log in

You’ll be automatically logged in 5 seconds.

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Close
of

Processing files…

Log in with your credentials

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

  
Working

Please Login or Register