What happened to Dumyat?  

RSS
gobstopper
(@gobstopper)

Today I decided to ride Dumyat for the first time in a good couple of years. I used to ride this hill a lot back the day and it's always been a big favorite of mine. I couldn't believe what I was seeing when I parked my car at the bottom of the hill.... What have they done to the place?

Does anyone know why they have built the gravel path pretty much all the way up to the top and completely ruined the majority of the original trail? It's not like it was a hard hill to walk/cycle up in the first place, is it something to do with drainage or are they just making it easier for the tourists to go up and take a selfie next to the Wallace monument?

For me the hill has been completely ruined for mountain biking and has lost it's natural feel although the woods at the bottom did cheer me up a bit.  

Dumyat roller coaster....

This topic was modified 8 months ago by gobstopper
ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/07/2018 10:30 pm
TrailScotland
(@trailscotland)
Member Admin

Wow what an absolute mess! I'm assuming there is still some natural trail next to the path?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/07/2018 12:30 pm
gobstopper
(@gobstopper)
Posted by: TrailScotland

Wow what an absolute mess! I'm assuming there is still some natural trail next to the path?

Some of it is still there but a lot of it has been ruined. Luckily the path that veers off to the left and goes into the woods hasn't been touched.

This post was modified 8 months ago by gobstopper
ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/07/2018 2:22 pm
Share:

CONTACT US

We've gone riding, but you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

Mountain biking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk

©TrailScotland - 2018

You’ll be automatically logged in 5 seconds.

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Close
of

Processing files…

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Working

Please Login or Register