Wanted - good bike ...

Wanted - good bike for 5 year old (islabike or similar)  

RSS
AndyNaismith
(@andynaismith)
Trusted Member

As per title.

My 5 yr old son has finally outgrown the heap of crap that halfords sold as a bike.

Ideally looking for an islabike cnoc 16 or anything similar which doesn't weigh more than him and has brakes that actually stop the bike! Don't need gears or suspension.

So if anyone has a nice wee bike gathering dust in the garage that their boy has outgrown please get in touch.... Budget of £120 ish (max £150 if I can convince wife it's worth it).

Cheers,

Andy

Posted : 24/02/2013 10:03 pm
Julz
 Julz
(@julz)
Noble Member

Typical, I just sold our cnoc16 this week!! Good luck looking though! :thumbup:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/02/2013 10:12 pm
AndyNaismith
(@andynaismith)
Trusted Member

🙁 typical indeed.....

If you don't mind me asking..... How much did you sell for - seen one at £165 and another at £150 which is a bit steep for a £199 bike even with the low depreciation they're known for!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/02/2013 10:42 pm
Julz
 Julz
(@julz)
Noble Member

I got £120 for it which was what I had it advertised for! There's usually a few on flea bay, we kept looking there when we got Craig his Beinn 20 but they were selling for around £250 and for a £300 bike I thought that was bonkers but fine for when we come to sell ours! 😉

Can't recommend any other bikes basically because the Islabikes are just so good!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/02/2013 7:32 am
toffeefan
(@toffeefan)
Prominent Member

Worth getting the Isla bike evan new if you can afford it. We got Jamie one for his Christmas and it is well worth the cash. Plus the resell value (as you have seen) means you will get most of it back.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/02/2013 12:55 pm
AndyNaismith
(@andynaismith)
Trusted Member

Cheers Julz,

One of the guys in my MTB group has a cnoc 16 for sale at similar price so I'm going ahead with that.

They look like great wee bikes toffeefan, looking forward to getting it for him!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/02/2013 3:54 pm
Share:

Mountain biking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk

©TrailScotland - 2020

CONTACT US

We've gone riding, but you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

You’ll be automatically logged in 5 seconds.

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Close
of

Processing files…

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Please Login or Register