Trails in the Trossachs  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
Grey
 Grey
(@grey)
Famed Member

@RuaridhP wrote:

Has anyone rode down craigmore? I keep thinking that might be a good downhill. Could you get to the top from the slate quarry?

Can't mind where it is but there is quadbike access from the quarry onto the hill, as we used to use it for quad training.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2013 6:39 pm
steviesorefingers
(@steviesorefingers)
Eminent Member

Yeah ,you can ride most of the way to the top via the path off the dukes pass then just ride sraight off the front before the ferns start growing , warning its MAD steep
:crazy:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2013 8:06 pm
Grey
 Grey
(@grey)
Famed Member

@steviesorefingers wrote:

warning its MAD steep

😆 i'm sure i flipped a quad up there once.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2013 8:25 pm
glasgowdan
(@glasgowdan)
Reputable Member

I'd love to find some of the more I interesting routes around aberfoyle. Just been thinking how the land layout is perfect for it all. Is anyone out for a ride soon and mind me joining or sharing the exploration?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2013 7:53 pm
RuaridhP
(@ruaridhp)

I'm thinking the path that comes down from the top to the lodge. I don't remember it being that steep but it is probably 7 years since I was up there. I wish I still lived up there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2013 9:07 pm
steviesorefingers
(@steviesorefingers)
Eminent Member

Lodge ? if you stand in the doorway to the main entrance to the david marshall lodge do a 180 turn the bigest hill across the dukes pass facing you is craigmore. there is no lodge on craigmore , trust me its mad steep .cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2013 9:36 pm
RuaridhP
(@ruaridhp)

I lived in Aberfoyle for about 22 years, I know where craigmore is, it was practically my back garden. There is a path goes from the top down to the David Marshall lodge. I'm not talking about riding the old tramlines down to the primary school area, that would be a bit 'red bull rampage'.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2013 9:34 pm
steviesorefingers
(@steviesorefingers)
Eminent Member

Love aberfoyle and the trossachs I think of it as my spiritual home love the place glad ye know the bit I've just rode off the front of it finishes at the back of the school I think . It's quite mad

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2013 10:01 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Mountain biking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk

©TrailScotland - 2020

CONTACT US

We've gone riding, but you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

You’ll be automatically logged in 5 seconds.

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Close
of

Processing files…

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Please Login or Register