Selling bikes is to...

Selling bikes is tough...or is it ?  

RSS
kevcar43
(@kevcar43)
Noble Member

Ok so i had a bike for sale in the past week and advertised it everywhere i could ( that was free ) i really wanted a quick sale and can't be arsed with the E Bay auction, nae patience, so after just a day i was contacted by Bob at http://www.refreshcycles.com and he made me an offer, not the price i advertised at but it was a figure i had in my head that i would accept, after a few facebook msgs back and forth we settled on a price and when he could pick up, painless and quick and most importantly cash in hand, a real pleasure to deal with, if you have a bike you want to shift and it's in good nick, under 5 yrs old then give Bob a look up :thumbup:

Posted : 15/05/2015 10:39 pm
Fadgadget
(@fadgadget)
Famed Member

I made more money selling my last bike in parts than i initially advertised for the full bike.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/05/2015 10:46 pm
Muz
 Muz
(@muz)
Noble Member

I think its all down to the bike you are selling. I have sold 4 in the last year and all went quick the only one i was worried about was the canyon after all 26inch bikes seem like they are plague ridden however even then i got a good deal.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2015 6:59 am
dezzy
(@dezzy)
Noble Member

Thanks for this! Definitely going to do this with my Commencal Meta!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2015 5:24 pm
Grey
 Grey
(@grey)
Famed Member

Might see what he offers for my Five :thumbup: .

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/05/2015 6:37 pm
JohnMcL7
(@johnmcl7)
Estimable Member

Anyone know of a similar service? I contacted Refresh Cycles but they're finishing up now.

Thanks,
John

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/02/2016 9:08 pm
Fadgadget
(@fadgadget)
Famed Member

https://www.ukcyclecentre.co.uk/home-mobile/

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/02/2016 9:23 pm
kevcar43
(@kevcar43)
Noble Member

@JohnMcL7 wrote:

Anyone know of a similar service? I contacted Refresh Cycles but they're finishing up now.

Thanks,
John

Are they ? somebody pm'd me on here about my Mondraker i sold to them, which they still have, he was interested in buying it from Bob, i guess it didn't take off, i sold him my bike last May and he still hasn't sold it, it's tough if your a dealer since there's so many bargains out there, shame :thumbdown:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/02/2016 9:35 pm
Trauty
(@trauty)
Noble Member

yeah i finally managed to sell my strive frameset on pinkbike after 5 months of reposting.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/02/2016 10:09 pm
JohnMcL7
(@johnmcl7)
Estimable Member

@kevcar43 wrote:

@JohnMcL7 wrote:

Thanks,
John

Are they ? somebody pm'd me on here about my Mondraker i sold to them, which they still have, he was interested in buying it from Bob, i guess it didn't take off, i sold him my bike last May and he still hasn't sold it, it's tough if your a dealer since there's so many bargains out there, shame :thumbdown:

This was the response I got (I assume he wouldn't mind me posting it):

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately I've mostly wrapped up the business now (just two bikes left in stock) and am not taking any more in. I was running the business while on sabbatical from my 'proper' career but am now back at it!

John

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2016 1:27 am
NiallWallace
(@niallwallace)
Noble Member

Second Cycles in Dundee sound similar.
http://www.secondcycles.co.uk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2016 4:31 pm
JohnMcL7
(@johnmcl7)
Estimable Member

@NiallWallace wrote:

Second Cycles in Dundee sound similar.
http://www.secondcycles.co.uk

Thanks for the link, I've had a look at their site but I think it's a different type of bike they're interested in. The bike I'm thinking getting rid of is the Fuel which is a really nice bike but I haven't ridden it properly since I got the fat bike as I don't like the feel of the skinny tyres and finally bought a 29+ bike instead as a summer bike. As I'm up in the Highlands the local market is going to be quite limited.

John

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/02/2016 6:02 pm
Stoo61
(@stoo61)
Prominent Member

Cheers for the link, have sent a speculative email for my Five.

EDIT: email reply

Hey Stuart

Thanks for getting in touch - unfortunately I've pretty much wrapped up the business and have just two bikes left in stock to sell.

I was doing this from May-Dec last year when I took some time out from my 'proper' career but am now back in gainful employment!

Best of luck getting a sale elsewhere. Better weather will get the market picking up!

Bob

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28/02/2016 9:07 am
kevcar43
(@kevcar43)
Noble Member

Yaaay my old Mondraker Dune has been sold, so who bought it then, someone on here ?
If it is, you bought a beast , have fun

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2016 8:08 pm
Share:

Mountain biking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk

©TrailScotland - 2020

CONTACT US

We've gone riding, but you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

You’ll be automatically logged in 5 seconds.

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Close
of

Processing files…

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Please Login or Register