POC King of the Hil...

POC King of the Hill videos  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Chris
(@chris)
Honorable Member

For those entered into this year's King of the Hill, here's a wee reminder of last year's downhill sections to wet your appetite. Here's hoping for another lovely day of sunshine!

Stage 2
[youtube:3r521ky9]YrFNeCW7z8c[/youtube:3r521ky9]

Stage 4
[youtube:3r521ky9]y7IGvyXAGQY[/youtube:3r521ky9]

Stage 5
[youtube:3r521ky9]_yio0KUIiEs[/youtube:3r521ky9]

Stage 6
[youtube:3r521ky9]RYnQ_0ELurQ[/youtube:3r521ky9]

Posted : 30/04/2013 1:07 pm
(@)
Noble Member

stage 5 is my worst nightmares all in one. Trees, roots, rocks, tight etc - awful

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/04/2013 1:48 pm
Chris
(@chris)
Honorable Member

@booyaka wrote:

stage 5 is my worst nightmares all in one. Trees, roots, rocks, tight etc - awful

yeh broon trout is difficult, last year was dry as a bone so made it easier. I have from a reliable source that there's plenty of 'natural' trails in this years event. So if it's wet that basically means slimey rooty loveliness!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/04/2013 1:58 pm
steviesorefingers
(@steviesorefingers)
Eminent Member

Amazin event loved the 5th n 6th stages the most can't wait for the next one . Hpefully sunshine aswell

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/04/2013 4:08 pm
beckypumps
(@beckypumps)
Noble Member

@booyaka wrote:

I am thinking the same also 800mm bar now seem like not such a good idea!! 😯

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/04/2013 6:01 pm
Chris
(@chris)
Honorable Member

@beckypumps wrote:

@booyaka wrote:

I am thinking the same also 800mm bar now seem like not such a good idea!! 😯

I had an 800mm bar a while ago. Didn't stay that way for long though. Got sick of clipping trees!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/04/2013 6:27 pm
mactheknife
(@mactheknife)
Estimable Member

One thing i hate about headcams is how they make fast and technical terrain look slow and flat.

Really looking forward to this now 🙂 and yea my 750mm bars might be a struggle at speed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/04/2013 8:23 pm
Chris
(@chris)
Honorable Member

@mactheknife wrote:

One thing i hate about headcams is how they make fast and technical terrain look slow and flat.

Really looking forward to this now 🙂 and yea my 750mm bars might be a struggle at speed.

I think that's all wide angled cams in general. I'm always having to explain to folk 'it was steeper / harder than it looked!'

The best view I've found to show the terrain is a rear facing position on the seat post or swingarm.

Still. Better than nothing...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/04/2013 8:31 pm
mactheknife
(@mactheknife)
Estimable Member

I had a Contour roam for a lot of filming for a trip to Basque Country last year and i couldn't believe that all the really technical and fast sections looked like they had been filmed in a park.

But they are great vids Chris and give some insight into how much pedaling will be involved. Which will cheer my mate up no end :shifty:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/04/2013 8:47 pm
Kai
 Kai
(@kai)
Noble Member

@Chris wrote:

@booyaka wrote:

yeh broon trout is difficult, last year was dry as a bone so made it easier. I have from a reliable source that there's plenty of 'natural' trails in this years event. So if it's wet that basically means slimey rooty loveliness!

I'll be happy as long as there are no skinnies or woodwork. They're my downfall on Broon Troot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/04/2013 10:12 pm
ejr012
(@ejr012)
Honorable Member

Stumbled across a track that is pretty steep the other day. Never ridden Brown Trout but this track and an average gradient of -30% - ace loamy rooty steep fun. Looking forward to it now!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/04/2013 11:48 pm
Batty79
(@batty79)
Estimable Member

That all looked awesome, except stage 5

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2013 8:04 am
Chris
(@chris)
Honorable Member

Sounds like there'll be a mix of familiar fast easy trails and testing muddy rooty bits combined with some lung busting pedally bits. Can't wait now 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2013 8:23 am
blazingmonga
(@blazingmonga)
Reputable Member

@Kai wrote:

I'll be happy as long as there are no skinnies or woodwork. They're my downfall on Broon Troot.

Me too! I have only managed it down once with 'no dabs, no bails'. I usually get caught on the woodwork - or a fallen rider in front of me.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2013 10:31 am
colinmac
(@colinmac)
Estimable Member

cracking vids chris :clap:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2013 10:42 am
Page 1 / 2
Share:

Mountain biking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk

©TrailScotland - 2020

CONTACT US

We've gone riding, but you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

You’ll be automatically logged in 5 seconds.

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Close
of

Processing files…

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Please Login or Register