Highland Perthshire...

Highland Perthshire Enduro  

Page 3 / 12
  RSS
Graeme
(@graeme)
Estimable Member
Trauty wrote:
no such thing as endurance end of the enduro. That are 2 entirely different categories. Its either Endurance (for xc bikes 100-120mm ) or Enduro ( for all mountain /enduro bikes 150-160mm )

Of course there is!
I didn't say it was an endurance event, I said it was at the "endurance end of the enduro" range.

Some enduros are at the downhill end of the spectrum, with bigger bikes and full face helmets etc.
This event, and as has been said earlier, many European enduros are more at the endurance end of the enduro spectrum.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2013 9:19 am
kat
 kat
(@kat)

@Trauty wrote:

You will get a great feeling of accomplishment at finish.

This is what I was aiming for when planning the route. A good distance so that you are tired but happy/satisfied at the end with timed stages to suit different people. I ride these trails on my Zesty without any problems. Came down the more technical dh section on it on Saturday choosing easier lines and had no problem and I'm a long way from being a downhiller. If you are good at dh you'll be much faster at it. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2013 1:47 pm
Kai
 Kai
(@kai)
Noble Member

Sounds great.

I'm afraid I'll have to leave until nearer the time to confirm though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2013 2:19 pm
sab6247
(@sab6247)
Reputable Member

Seriously tempted to enter for a laugh, not sure if I can get fit enough in time though, will have to wait til closer to the time and see, any one got any training tips for such an event?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2013 5:40 pm
Trauty
(@trauty)
Noble Member

@kat wrote:

@Trauty wrote:

You will get a great feeling of accomplishment at finish.

This is what I was aiming for when planning the route. A good distance so that you are tired but happy/satisfied at the end with timed stages to suit different people. I ride these trails on my Zesty without any problems. Came down the more technical dh section on it on Saturday choosing easier lines and had no problem and I'm a long way from being a downhiller. If you are good at dh you'll be much faster at it. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

haha was thinking about perfect bike for this race today and Zesty was first bike that came on my mind 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2013 6:42 pm
steviesorefingers
(@steviesorefingers)
Eminent Member

I think 30 miles is far more realistic for most weekend warriors for it to be a fun and successful event it's not xc it's enduro yes one ore the other trying to put a foot in both camps dilutes this event and looses its appeal

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2013 6:36 am
Duggie
(@duggie)
Honorable Member

haha was thinking about perfect bike for this race today and Zesty was first bike that came on my mind

Na what you want is a full suss 29er 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2013 7:07 am
RandG
(@randg)
Noble Member

@steviesorefingers wrote:

I think 30 miles is far more realistic for most weekend warriors for it to be a fun and successful event it's not xc it's enduro yes one ore the other trying to put a foot in both camps dilutes this event and looses its appeal

I'm no sure what point you're trying to make there ? No commas or full stops so can't make out if you think it's good or bad....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2013 8:45 am
Kai
 Kai
(@kai)
Noble Member

@RandG wrote:

@steviesorefingers wrote:

I'm no sure what point you're trying to make there ? No commas or full stops so can't make out if you think it's good or bad....

The clue is in his name! 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2013 10:22 am
blazingmonga
(@blazingmonga)
Reputable Member

I'm not worried about the length. So long as you can do it in a day it will be fine. I'd want it to be a challenge so more distance is fine.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/03/2013 2:58 pm
RandG
(@randg)
Noble Member

Just found this clip, can't think exactly where it is though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyTQ6iDsSYo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/03/2013 11:58 pm
Julz
 Julz
(@julz)
Noble Member

There's another clip as well on their FB page! 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2013 7:33 am
RandG
(@randg)
Noble Member

On who's FB page ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2013 10:15 am
NiallWallace
(@niallwallace)
Noble Member

I found another one on their YouTube page.
Looked like the Top section of Craigvinean downhill.
Yet it didn't look anywhere near as technical as I remember, I could have the wrong road crossing in mind though.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2013 10:22 am
RandG
(@randg)
Noble Member

Links please.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2013 10:26 am
Page 3 / 12
Share:

Mountain biking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk

©TrailScotland - 2020

CONTACT US

We've gone riding, but you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

You’ll be automatically logged in 5 seconds.

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Close
of

Processing files…

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Please Login or Register