Forest Centre at La...

Forest Centre at Laggan Wolftrax granted planning permission  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
LagganForestTrust
(@lagganforesttrust)
Eminent Member

Laggan Forest Trust is *very* excited to announce that the Cairngorm National Park Authority has granted planning permission for our Forest Centre here at Strathmashie! The centre will include a cafe, bike shop, toilets, showers, and an office (yay! no more portakabin winters!) and is planned to open in summer 2014. Many thanks for all your support - it is much appreciated!

Posted : 12/11/2013 10:44 am
Jonny
(@jonny)
Member Admin

Good news. Are there plans for any new trails?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2013 11:38 am
Gordy
(@gordy)
Noble Member

@Jonny wrote:

Good news. Are there plans for any new trails?

My thought exactly?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2013 1:11 pm
NiallWallace
(@niallwallace)
Noble Member

The felling on the lower section of the climb I was told is for a blue trail, whenever the money gets raised...
Last time I looked the just giving site didn't have much money pledged, but that was over a year ago.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2013 1:45 pm
theblade
(@theblade)
Prominent Member

I ll be expecting a free coffee for supporting these plans ....but I ll let you off if you are planning a new trail! 😎

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2013 5:31 pm
steviesorefingers
(@steviesorefingers)
Eminent Member

Lets hope its not been designed on the back of a fag packet . Unlike the peel at Glentress

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2013 5:38 pm
NiallWallace
(@niallwallace)
Noble Member

@steviesorefingers wrote:

Lets hope its not been designed on the back of a fag packet . Unlike the peel at Glentress

Have a look at the planning application on-line, it's all there, as was the Peels one...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2013 9:11 pm
steviesorefingers
(@steviesorefingers)
Eminent Member

Have a look at the planning application on-line, it's all there, as was the Peels one...
Ok ok,might be a bit harsh. But so so true the peel is shocking, souless

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2013 9:52 pm
NiallWallace
(@niallwallace)
Noble Member

@steviesorefingers wrote:

Ok ok,might be a bit harsh. But so so true the peel is shocking, souless

My point more being that the time to provide constructive criticism is pretty much past.

Unfortunately the design showed (and Glenlivet has) the same design flaw in the toilets as the Peel.
One Head in the mens.

If there's no room for more than 1 head plus Urinals then always drop the urinals, a head is acceptably multifunction.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2013 10:08 pm
Trauty
(@trauty)
Noble Member

laggan area is pretty small. not sure if there is space for decent new trail . the way i see it only good option would be some flowy blue grade trail with plenty red/black features (with chicken runs) could possibly start at the top end of landrovertrack for upper red/black. blue trail could merge with the end of upper red/black trail just few meters before landrover track.
looking at walkinghighland gps planner , blue grade trail could be around 1.5 km long with 120m of elevation drop.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2013 10:15 pm
sab6247
(@sab6247)
Reputable Member

I think the only way forward is putting in a single track climb up the felled hill side, it made Glentress a million times better and would just complete laggan nicely.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2013 10:19 pm
sab6247
(@sab6247)
Reputable Member

I think the only way forward is putting in a single track climb up the felled hill side, it made Glentress a million times better and would just complete laggan nicely.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2013 10:20 pm
Trauty
(@trauty)
Noble Member

@sab6247 wrote:

some nice technical uphill . :thumbup:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2013 10:24 pm
Captain Mainwaring
(@captain-mainwaring)
Noble Member

Assuming that budgets everywhere are limited these days, if there is going to be any track building then it should be downhill rather than uphill. The uphill singletrack section linking the fireroad to the start of the black/upper red is quite nice as it is.

There should be plenty of room for more tracks if budget is available. The whole area around the black and the upper red is under utilised so you could create a separate an in-between level run, or something that used parts of the upper red but with some more interesting features. There is also the whole hill from the black/upper red start back down to the start of the lower red that has nothing on it except the climb

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2013 11:47 am
NiallWallace
(@niallwallace)
Noble Member

The Green kind of went in the wrong place, nice warm up climb and descent, I seem to be the "only" person that uses it though.
An uphill single track onto the Upper red would be nice, but the fireroad as it is in a nice hill for building hillclimbing as it's not too viscious for when you blow up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2013 1:06 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share:

Mountain biking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk

©TrailScotland - 2020

CONTACT US

We've gone riding, but you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

You’ll be automatically logged in 5 seconds.

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Close
of

Processing files…

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Please Login or Register