Drumlanrig  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS
paul
 paul
(@paul)
Reputable Member

iv only been down about 4 times this year and i only live 10 miles for drumlanrig :red:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/11/2015 4:48 pm
boardinbob
(@boardinbob)
Reputable Member

I find Autumn or Spring the best time for Drumlanrig. Lovely colours.

[vimeo:3v8hf40a]63515425[/vimeo:3v8hf40a]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/11/2015 4:57 pm
CraigofScotland
(@craigofscotland)
Estimable Member

Anyone been recently?

Dont mind snow but is the leafy mess gone yet? :wtf: not been since early Dec.

is the parking still free as winter? I dont mind paying just gotta remember bring cash if the fellas back. :thumbup:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/02/2016 11:54 am
Fadgadget
(@fadgadget)
Famed Member

I was there fairly recently. Yep there will be leaves everywhere as usual but thats part of the fun i guess. The trail is still easy to follow though. The last Black section was taped off when i was there but it was all rideable if you choose to ignore it. Never paid there yet as we are always there before the aul fella opens his hut door.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/02/2016 2:21 pm
paul
 paul
(@paul)
Reputable Member

dont think you pay until it opens around the beggining of april

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/02/2016 5:25 pm
CraigofScotland
(@craigofscotland)
Estimable Member

Cheers fellas, we will get round it im sure on Sunday for a hardtail blast ive a new crush to test

Im gagging to do it in the dry dusty summer :thumbup:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/02/2016 10:46 pm
paul
 paul
(@paul)
Reputable Member

@CraigofScotland wrote:

Im gagging to do it in the dry dusty summer :thumbup:

good luck with that 😆

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/02/2016 9:20 am
CraigofScotland
(@craigofscotland)
Estimable Member

update: yesterday we were the only ones we seen on bikes . . might have been the weather . ..

Muddy sloppy, was an absolute hoot. First ride on my orange crush and i loved it, the brakes are dogpoo but that can be rectified. Some really comical moments trying to stay on :thumbup:

Anyone know if im doing the last bit wrong? i turn onto the main long drive leading to the castle, the one cars take too. Is there a better way to finish? I always want to drop into the car park from the woods as it looks so much fun.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2016 9:54 am
Fadgadget
(@fadgadget)
Famed Member

Looks like you completed the final part of the Red which takes you onto the access road. The last Black section drops you in at the car park. Should have turned uphill on the right to access the Black when you were on the last Red section.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2016 10:42 am
CraigofScotland
(@craigofscotland)
Estimable Member

awww man, look at that, a huge section ive missed twice now!!!

Im going back. needs must and all that. :clap:

Thanks for the map. Ill store it on me phone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2016 11:54 am
nobeerinthefridge
(@nobeerinthefridge)
Noble Member

Tbh, you've not really missed much, both the red and black finish are a bit underwhelming. Best way to finish is when you get back to the car, head up the first climb and do the first couple of descents a few times, and repeat.... :green:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/02/2016 12:10 pm
paul
 paul
(@paul)
Reputable Member

just back from drumlanrig and its running well, the ground was dry and hard but not to frosty or slippy, done the first black section then the red, was good to get back.

word of warning if anyones down in the next few days, once you do the longest down hill section and cross the tarmac road, you cut up to the left, after a few mins you come to a boardwalk thing thats broken but still standing, i never noticed until i was on it but luckly it only sunk down a bit in the middle but managed to hold my weight, told a woman that works there about it but who knows how long it will take till someone cant get to it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2016 1:27 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share:

Mountain biking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk

©TrailScotland - 2020

CONTACT US

We've gone riding, but you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

You’ll be automatically logged in 5 seconds.

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Close
of

Processing files…

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Please Login or Register