Cheap seat Needed

Cheap seat Needed  

RSS
paul
 paul
(@paul)
Reputable Member

was out today for a couple of hours with the mrs on the bikes and as usual ma arse was sore, i wear a pair of cheap sportsdirect foam padded shorts with some altura gel padded lycra shorts on top of those and ma other shorts ontop to hide the lycra 😆
swapped bikes for a few mins and straight away she also said ma seat wasnt good, was a boardman that came with the bike, she has some type of gel seat.
have heard charge spoon being mentioned and was wondering if they are about the best for the money?

what makes one uncumfy looking seat less uncumfy than another? none realy look like they have a lot of padding

thanks

Posted : 16/10/2015 4:17 pm
RandG
(@randg)
Noble Member

I have two bikes, both have charge spoons on them. Everytime I sell a bike, I remove the charge spoon and put the original seat back on. I have tried a number of times to get used to other seats, it's only the C S that I can handle.....do it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2015 7:05 pm
AndyP
(@andyp)
Reputable Member

Depends in what way you are feeling sore.
If saddle feels good for 20mins then you start feeling 'bruised' then saddle is probably too soft.
If it feels hard from the off then you need better shorts or more time per week with arse in contact with saddle.
If its rubbing in the creases of your groin its probably too wide.

Generally a fairly narrow hard saddle with slightly raised area for sitbones combined with high quality shorts with a high density pad are a good recipe for success. Bear in mind that the pad will start to lose its density over time (wish I knew why), and a pair of shorts that were good 2yrs ago, and still 'look fine' may not be so good any more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/10/2015 8:14 pm
nobeerinthefridge
(@nobeerinthefridge)
Noble Member

Paul, if he want to pay postage, or come up to Ayrshire for a ride, I have a couple of saddles you are more than welcome to borrow. The ubiquitous SDG bel air, and an ergon sme30, both of which I have ridden on long rides.

Drop me a PM if ye fancy it.
Greg

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/10/2015 9:33 pm
paul
 paul
(@paul)
Reputable Member

@nobeerinthefridge wrote:

Paul, if he want to pay postage, or come up to Ayrshire for a ride, I have a couple of saddles you are more than welcome to borrow. The ubiquitous SDG bel air, and an ergon sme30, both of which I have ridden on long rides.

Drop me a PM if ye fancy it.
Greg

thanks for the offer,iv already ordered a charge spoon :thumbup:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/10/2015 11:48 am
jonny_mcc
(@jonny_mcc)

I have a charge spoon saddle on my lapierre zesty and my road bike. Best saddle I've ever used. Very comfy and only £20.

J

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2015 1:35 pm
Share:

Mountain biking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk

©TrailScotland - 2019

CONTACT US

We've gone riding, but you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

You’ll be automatically logged in 5 seconds.

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Close
of

Processing files…

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Working

Please Login or Register