Cane Creek Double B...

Cane Creek Double Barrel (problems)  

RSS
Mitch
(@mitch)
Estimable Member

Hi, has anyone had problems / experience with this shock as i am on my second one (still under warranty) problem is its very notchy when setting the sag and it is now sounding very rough like air is in the oil chamber any info would be great as i am going to send this one back and was wondering if its worth trying to change it for something more reliable.
Gordon

Posted : 20/10/2015 9:03 pm
Trauty
(@trauty)
Noble Member

cc db is generally reliable shock. inline is different story though..
what do you mean notchy sag ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/10/2015 10:20 pm
Mitch
(@mitch)
Estimable Member

When pushing down on the saddle its not smooth when the shock pushes in up to the sag height, its a ccdb air.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2015 7:27 pm
POAH
 POAH
(@poah)
Reputable Member

@Trauty wrote:

cc db is generally reliable shock. inline is different story though..
what do you mean notchy sag ?

inline had early problems with bladder manufacture which is sorted and its not good on a spesh or other bike with a yolk as it causes the damper shaft to rub. mine is an early shock and has had no problems what so ever.
it may be the negative air chamber. take the air out of the shock and see if the notchyness is still there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/10/2015 4:03 pm
Mitch
(@mitch)
Estimable Member

Hey thanks for the replies.
Its currently on a codeine. Planet X got back to me and want me to send it back to them,as it still under warranty i don't want to do anything to the shock that will effect the warranty.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/10/2015 8:54 pm
ejr012
(@ejr012)
Honorable Member

Surprised that Planet X want it sent back to them. I sent mine to TF Tuned off my codeine when it started making odd noises and got a brand new shaft and a service under warranty, just had to send proof of purchase. Planet X customer service is not ideal...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2015 7:57 pm
Mitch
(@mitch)
Estimable Member

Yeah i've had a bit of an experience with planet X. I emailed cane creek with the serial number and they advised me that the shock was bought in May 2013 so is out of warranty with them so when i told planet x this they asked for it to be sent to them. Planet X have been ok so far although they are slow at getting back to you with emails so phoning them is much more productive, they have a collect+ system set up so sending things back is easy unlike some other bike shops.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2015 9:04 pm
nobeerinthefridge
(@nobeerinthefridge)
Noble Member

Yeah i've had a bit of an experience with planet X. I emailed cane creek with the serial number and they advised me that the shock was bought in May 2013 so is out of warranty with them so when i told planet x this they asked for it to be sent to them. Planet X have been ok so far although they are slow at getting back to you with emails so phoning them is much more productive, they have a collect+ system set up so sending things back is easy unlike some other bike shops.

That's bollocks. The warranty begins when the shock is bought by the end user, not from when the shock is bought by the bike company. But, your contract is with planetx, as that's who you bought from.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2015 9:41 pm
Mitch
(@mitch)
Estimable Member

The point i was trying to make to planet X is that i have bought a shock that was over 2 years old and could be faulty because
its been sitting for so long, cane creek would fix it if you can prove date of purchase as was said earlier by ejr102.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/10/2015 9:52 pm
Share:

CONTACT US

We've gone riding, but you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

Mountain biking can be dangerous and is done entirely at your own risk

©TrailScotland - 2018

You’ll be automatically logged in 5 seconds.

Forgot password?

Don't have an account? Register

Forgot your password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Privacy Policy

Close
of

Processing files…

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Working

Please Login or Register